Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb dry pasta (linguine, fettucine or tagliatelle)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until firm to the bite.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the lemon juice, zest and mascarpone in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Warm gently, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Add the pasta with the basil to the hot sauce.
- Toss well to coat, adding reserved water as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Simple and delicious. Delicate but has nuanced.
Followed recipe exactly as written but used angel hair pasta since that's what I had on hand. Perfect! Another winner from Dancer^!
We haven't really been in the mood for pasta lately, so for that reason I'm only submitting comments. With so few ingredients I'd recommend using the best mascarpone and basil you can find. The sauce has a pleasant and very delicate flavour, but we liked it better topped with freshly grated parmesan. The sauce to pasta ratio was perfect, and it couldn't be easier to make. I'll try it again sometime and will post a rating.