- 1 lb dry pasta (linguine, fettucine or tagliatelle)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup torn fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until firm to the bite.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the lemon juice, zest and mascarpone in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Warm gently, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Add the pasta with the basil to the hot sauce.
- Toss well to coat, adding reserved water as needed.
- Serve immediately.