1/1 Photo of Lemon Basil Jelly
1 hr 30 mins
Lightly infused with lemon from the basil. This can be used to glaze chicken or pork. Spoon it over cream cheese for a quick appetizer. Sweeten a cup of tea or lemonade. Warmed to glaze a cake. This can be made with regular basil, cinnamon basil, Thai basil, Purple basil. All creating a different jelly.
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place basil in apple juice, hot water and vinegar. Bring to a boil and let steep covered for 30 minutes.
- 2Strain and place 3 1/2 cups liquid into a pot.
- 3Stir in pectin and bring to a a full rolling boil.
- 4Add sugar and honey and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rims clean and apply lids and bands.
- 6Process in a hot water bath covered by 1-2 inches of water for 10 minutes.
- 7Shut off flame for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove without tilting the jars.
- 9Set on a flat surface in a draft free place 12-24 hours.
- 10Remove bands and wipe jars.
- 11Label and store in a dark place for 1 year.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2085 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 216.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 199.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g