Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Marinate time is 30 minutes
- 4 catfish fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Rinse the catfish with cold water and pat dry; set aside.
- In a shallow glass dish, add the lemon juice, vegetable oil, hot pepper sauce, salt, and basil; stir to combine; reserve 2 tablespoons of this marinade for basting.
- Place the catfish in the marinade; turn fillets to make sure both sides are coated.
- Cover and marinate catfish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning the fish every now and then.
- Coat the grill rack or grill basked with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Heat grill to medium-hot.
- Take fish out of marinade and discard marinade; place fish on grill.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish is not translucent and flakes easily.
- Baste with reserved marinade while cooking; Make sure to not overcook the fish.
- Serve hot.