Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook green beans 3 minutes until barely tender and only halfway cooked. Drain into a colander and set aside.
- In the same pot over high heat, melt the butter. Add green beans, lemon zest, salt and pepper (to taste). Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until beans are tender-crisp. Remove from heat, toss with basil and serve immediately.