Recipe by Daniele1969
This is a cream sauce that is usually served over grilled salmon, but I use it over veggies and/or pasta. Very easy to make, BUT very fattening!!
Top Review by Bev
Daniele, this sauce certainly is easy to make, and very tasty, also! I served this over pasta as a serving for one, as my husband was away on business. Make sure that if you use this sauce over pasta, that you use a thicker pasta such as linguini or fettuccine as this is a very rich and heavy sauce. The basil added just the right touch! Thank you for the lovely supper tonight, Daniele! Even dining alone, one can still enjoy their meal!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic, and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 8 minutes or until reduced by half.
- WHISK together lemon juice and cornstarch until smooth.
- Whisk lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon pepper into butter mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- DO NOT ADD BASIL UNTIL READY TO SERVE.