Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Southern Living
Make and share this Lemon Basil Cookies With Pistachios recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon basil or 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Beat butter on medium using an electric mixer untilfluffy; add 3/4 cup sugar,beat well.
- Add egg, lemon rind, lemon juice, and minced basil, beat until blended.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Mix together nuts and the 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Roll dough into small balls (about 1" diameter), then roll each ball into the nut sugar mixture.
- Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie using the bottom of a glass (if dough sticks to glass, dip it into some extra sugar first).
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on wire racks.
Wow Amazing!!! If you want something different, unique and elegant, these are the ones..I dbl made and 1/2 I did with Almonds and they too were just as good...Even the kids attacked them..:)
These were great. Made the recipe to the T, but only chilled them for 30 minutes. Drizzled a little white chocolate when they were done!
OMG; I loved these! I had a bumper crop of lemon basil, in my Aerogarden, and was looking for a way to use it, when I found your recipe. These cookies are so light and lemony, with the texture of a sand tart. I had quite a bit of the pistachio sugar left, so I froze it, for the next time I make these; and, believe me, there will be many "next times!" Thanks!