1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from Southern Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon basil or 1/3 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1Beat butter on medium using an electric mixer untilfluffy; add 3/4 cup sugar,beat well.
- 2Add egg, lemon rind, lemon juice, and minced basil, beat until blended.
- 3Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until blended.
- 4Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 5Mix together nuts and the 3 Tbsp sugar.
- 6Roll dough into small balls (about 1" diameter), then roll each ball into the nut sugar mixture.
- 7Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Flatten each cookie using the bottom of a glass (if dough sticks to glass, dip it into some extra sugar first).
- 9Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 10Allow to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Cookies With Pistachios
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 62.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g