1/1 Photo of Lemon Basil Chicken With Portabella Wine Sauce
2 hrs 20 mins
The thought of lemon and basil are a natural but the sweetness of the champaign tantilizes the toungue with all around taste. Its a great one pan meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin or 6 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 5 basil leaves, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed and tops quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup asti spumante champagne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- chopped basil (to garnish)
- 1Make a marinade out of oil chopped basil, garlic, juice of 1 lemon and some salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight if you wish.
- 3Heat pan and place butter or margarine and left over marinade to pan and brown chicken till cooked thoroughly.
- 4Remove chicken on to plate when cooked.
- 5Place mushrooms in pan and deglaze pan with 3/4 cup of the champagne.
- 6Cook down about 3 mins and add the corn starch to the remaining champaign and stir until completely incorporated.
- 7Add to pan along with juices that came from cooked chicken on plate.
- 8If it gets too thick add some water to loosen, you wont need much if any at all.
- 9Arrange chicken on plate and chop fine some more basil to taste.
- 10Pour mushroom sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped basil and sliced lemons.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Chicken With Portabella Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 78.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.6 g