Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe many years ago from a dear friend of mine, and it's become one of my family's favourites.
- Combine crumbs, cheese and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- In a large dish beat egg with lemon juice.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture and pat to ensure even layer of crumbs.
- Place on rack or wax paper.
- Heat butter and oil together in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add several peices of chicken at a time but do not crowd.
- Cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Brown any remaining chicken pieces.
- Return all chicken to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes more or until chicken feels springy to the touch.
This was a hit with the family. The chicken has a nice flavorful coating and was moist and tender inside. I had a little trouble with the coating wanting to separate from the chicken while I was cooking it, but for the most part it worked out OK. After I removed the chicken, I deglazed the pan with white wine and used that to top the pasta I made to go with it. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll make it again.
Yummy! We had this for dinner last night. It's something I used to make regularly - some 25 years ago, before I lost the recipe book it originally came from, during a move. It's a long out-of-print book called "Cookery for One or Two" by Barbara Swain. The search is over, thank you so much for posting this. We got a bunch ofdifferent flavoured EVOO at Christmas, so I used some of the basil one and some of the lemon one to fry it in, and this time used Panko crumbs.