Recipe by Carrie Ann
I got this recipe many years ago from a dear friend of mine, and it's become one of my family's favourites.
Top Review by PanNan
This was a hit with the family. The chicken has a nice flavorful coating and was moist and tender inside. I had a little trouble with the coating wanting to separate from the chicken while I was cooking it, but for the most part it worked out OK. After I removed the chicken, I deglazed the pan with white wine and used that to top the pasta I made to go with it. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll make it again.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 freshly ground parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs, cheese and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- In a large dish beat egg with lemon juice.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture and pat to ensure even layer of crumbs.
- Place on rack or wax paper.
- Heat butter and oil together in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add several peices of chicken at a time but do not crowd.
- Cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Brown any remaining chicken pieces.
- Return all chicken to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes more or until chicken feels springy to the touch.