Carrie Ann's Note:
I got this recipe many years ago from a dear friend of mine, and it's become one of my family's favourites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine crumbs, cheese and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- 2In a large dish beat egg with lemon juice.
- 3Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture and pat to ensure even layer of crumbs.
- 4Place on rack or wax paper.
- 5Heat butter and oil together in frying pan over medium heat.
- 6Add several peices of chicken at a time but do not crowd.
- 7Cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- 8Remove to serving platter.
- 9Brown any remaining chicken pieces.
- 10Return all chicken to the pan.
- 11Cover and cook for 2 minutes more or until chicken feels springy to the touch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Basil Chicken Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: