Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this dinner idea out of Southern Living. Pretty quick and easy. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh lemon basil or 1⁄2 cup regular basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- hot cooked rice
- Whisk together first six ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Add chicken, cover and refrigerate for 40 minutes or so, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and save marinade.
- Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Pour reserved marinade through a wire mesh strainer into skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.
I enjoyed the lemony flavor of the chicken. I didn't use the entire amount, because I was afraid that it wuld be too strong. Made for 123 Hits.
No stars because the sauce was too lemony. My suggestion would be to half the lemon juice and vinegar here. I used fresh basil from my garden and it really shined here. I think reducing the acidic ingredients would really make this dish a star! Thanks Kim *Made for Bev Tag*
This had a bitter taste to it. I made the recipe as written but it didn't work for me or DH. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or what. Sorry