Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, simple one skillet chicken meal. This has an Asian feel and taste, but my grandkids enjoyed it, nice way to get them to eat their veggies.
- 236.59 ml uncooked brown rice
- 4 (1814.36 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 453.59 g bag frozen vegetables (baby green beans and carrots)
- 177.44 ml water
- 118.29 ml lemon basil stir-fry sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- Cook rice as directed on package. While rice is cooking, cut chicken into 2 X 1/4 inch strips.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes or until brown. Add onion; stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes or until brown. Add onion; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Mix stir-fry sauce and cornstarch until smooth; stir into mixture in skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with chicken mixture.
I couldn't find the stir fry sauce in my local grocery store so I substituted bottled lemon pepper marinade and added fresh basil. Not sure if this still constitutes the recipe but it was delicious! Keeping with the Asian feel, I used (frozen) mixed vegetables with snap peas, green beans, water chestnuts, carrots and red peppers. I even used brown rice in a packet that steamed in 5 mins. The sauce very lightly coats the chicken and vegetables enabling you to taste all the flavors. Very quick and easy to prepare recipe. I think this is the perfect dish for spring and summer meals when you want something substantial yet light.
This made A VERY SATISFYING CHICKEN DISH & a welcome addition to my increasing store of great chicken breast recipes! However, another time I want to make this with fresh veggies instead of the frozen ones (personal preference at work there)! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #28]