1/1 Photo of Lemon Basil Butter Cookies
Delicate and crisp, you'll love using your garden fresh basil for these cookies. Even plain fresh basil may be substituted with exceptional results. Recipe from "Southern Living Christmas Cookies"
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf (use lemon basil, cinnamon basil, or standard basil leaves)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- fresh basil sprig
- 1Process basil and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until blended.
- 2Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well.
- 3Add lemon juice and egg, beating until blended.
- 4Gradually add flour and basil mixture, beating until blended.
- 5Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 6Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Cool on wire racks; garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1144.6
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.7 mg
- Sodium 415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 54.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g