Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Cooking Light Magazine recipe - given a really great review by their test kitchens. If you want this dish to be vegetarian - just leave out the bacon! Prep time only includes cooking time for green beans - not lima beans (cook those according to package instructions).
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- 4 low-fat bacon, slices cooked and crumbled (drained)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl, stir with a whisk.
- Steam the green beans, covered, for 8 minutes or until tender. Combine green beans, tomato, and lima beans in a large bowl. Pour basil mixture over bean mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with bacon.