This complete recipe is made on a processor, it has a definate lemon kick to it, and takes very little time to make. These lemon bars will keep well if covered tightly in the refrigerator for 5 days, trust me, they won't last that long LOL! Cooking time is for crust and filling, yield is estimated depending on the size of bars.
My Private Note
bars (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Set oven to 350 (second-lowest rack).
- 2Butter an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
- 3To make the crust: combine flour, sugar and salt in a small processor; blend for about 5 seconds.
- 4Add in flaked coconut and cold butter; process until mixture resembles fine meal and clumps together.
- 5Press the dough over the bottom of prepared pan (do not pack to tightly).
- 6Bake for about 20 minutes or until crust is golden around the edges.
- 7In a medium bowl whisk together all the filling ingredients (except the powdered sugar) until smooth.
- 8Remove the crust from the oven and pour the filling over the hot crust.
- 9Return to the oven and bake until the filling begins to brown around the edges, and is JUST set and springy to the touch (around 25-30 minutes).
- 10Cool the lemon bars completely before slicing.
- 11Sift with powdered sugar.
- 12**NOTE** if you want to remove the bars from the baking dish before slicing them, place a piece of buttered foil on the bottom of the dish (leaving an overhang of foil) before patting in the crust mixture. When the bars are COMPLETELY cool, remove them with the foil overhang, my advise would be to place the bars in the fridge before removing them with the foil to avoid breakage of the crust.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Bars With Coconut Shortbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 88.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g