Easy Low Calorie Low sugar version of a classic dessert. My friends love these. I am diabetic and while not totally sugarfree as there is some in the cake mix, these are low enough in sugar that my doctor says they are OK for me in moderation :)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to directions on box.
- Let pudding set up.
- After pudding is set stir in dry lemon Jello.
- Mix dry angel food cake mix into above ingredients and stir together.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Check with toothpick test.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar through a sieve.
While this is not a substitute for the original lemon bars, it does make a very moist and tasty angel food cake. The recipe is extremely easy to make(one bowl) and makes a delicious diabetic dessert. I'll have to keep this one in my recipe file to fullfill my sweet tooth.
Thank you for a wonderful recipe. I made this exactly by your recipe and made Debe's pudding frosting (#18812) with vanilla pudding to top it off. It was such a big hit at work that my co-workers were brainstorming on different flavor combinations for next time! Definitly a keeper!
This recipe is a top pick! I've made it several times for different people, and everyone loves it. One comment was "this is one of the best cakes I've ever eaten". So low in sugar, incredibly moist, and the prep time is one of the quickest. Definitely a keeper!