Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Lemon Bars This one was adopted in 2005. Haven't tried this one specifically, but without the nuts, it is darned close to the recipe I grew up with.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour and butter into a fine crumb and pat down into an 11 X 7" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs.
- Blend in brown sugar, nuts, baking powder and vanilla and spread onto hot crust.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, lemon rind and juice and spread over hot cake.
- Cool well and cut into squares.