Prep 7 mins
Cook 43 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and lemon rind.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, egg substitute, and lemon juice, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 25 additional minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container.
Lemon Bars was easy and was a hit with my guest.