Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fast and easy to make, like lemon pie in a bar.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- Cream butter, flour, icing sugar and salt together until crumbly.
- Pat down gently into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the hot cookie base.
- Bake 25 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sifted icing sugar.
- Cool and cut with a wet knife.