Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
In request to a recipe. I found this recipe on Kraft.com. Can substitute other cookies for the crust.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- MIX crumbs and margarine; press on bottom of 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- BLEND sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, lemon peel and juice until smooth; pour over baked crust.
- BAKE at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve warm.
This was much too sweet for my tastes. I like lemon bars to be more "lemony," but my husband thought they were OK, probably because they were too sweet.
The taste of this lemon bar is quite good. I made it twice, once with more lemon juice and once with less. The one with more juice looks better but it is a bit too moist that the crust become not that crispy. The one with less lemon juice is crispy and taste better, although it looks drier and darker.