Top Review by s'kat
I've never before tried a lemon bar. I always thought they looked 'weird'. However, these were very easy to make, had an incredibly creamy, luscious taste, and, well to be quite frank, when I brought 'em into work, they won friends and influenced people!! So thusly, due to how easy they were to make, how wonderful they were, and how incredibly addictive they were once made, I give these lemon bars five stars and re-affirm the fact that now, I too am a lemon bar freak!!! :) Thanks!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, mix together flour, sugar, and butter until crumbly.
- Pat into bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of a buttered 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile prepare topping. Beat eggs slightly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Add to eggs. Beat well.
- Add lemon juice, peel, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Pour over baked crust. Return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes longer, or until just set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while hot. Let cool and cut into bars.