Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is Paula Dean's recipe. So refreshing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch pan.
- Make the crust by combining the flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You may need to dip your fingers into a little flour or confectioners' sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Pour this over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, when the bars are done.
ADDICTING!! These are so easy to make and they com out perfect. Lemon bars are just about the only sour thing I like and these are not that tangy; not too much lemon flavor. I think they could use a little more lemon if you like it more tangy. Will be making these again!! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
I just made this recipe today for my family and a friend to go along with a roast. Boy, was it good! Everyone went back for seconds, some had thirds! What's lovely about this recipe is how gooey it is. That and how lightly crisp (almost like a meringue) the top and is how soft and thick the bottom crust is makes perfection!