Recipe by MJMommy13
This is Paula Dean's recipe. So refreshing!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
ADDICTING!! These are so easy to make and they com out perfect. Lemon bars are just about the only sour thing I like and these are not that tangy; not too much lemon flavor. I think they could use a little more lemon if you like it more tangy. Will be making these again!! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch pan.
- Make the crust by combining the flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You may need to dip your fingers into a little flour or confectioners' sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Pour this over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, when the bars are done.