Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Thesse are a wonder and refreshing bar.
Make and share this Lemon bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup coconut, angel flake
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- For bars, mix flour, sugar and oats; cut in butter.
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased.
- 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, juice and rind in bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- in coconut.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, cool, then cut into bars.
- Glaze by blending together the icing sugar and milk.
- Using a teaspoon,.
- drizzle glaze over each bar.
The crust was terrific!!!I made this for the Ladies Sunday School Class; was not pleased with the filling's taste. The size of cream cheese was not revealed (I used 8 ounces) and the filling could have used some sweetener (sugar or sweetened condensed milk). Many of the ladies agreed with me. I added lemon extract to the glaze as the overall taste was lacking something ... just cannot put my finger on it! Next time, I will add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar to the filling and the lemon extract to the glaze (which I will double the amount of glaze, too).
Can you say SCRUMPTIOUS??? Kim, you were right these are so good!!!! Nice dessert for the summer too. They are light and refreshing too. I was licking my fingers after I cut them and had to have one immediately. DH ate about 10 today. Thanks these will be made again and again!!
These are very good. I made them just like Kim said. Taste so good.