Recipe by gardenz
Got this one from grandmother! Another one of hers that I just can't do without! Super lemony and good for parties!
Top Review by eciserman
This recipe is virtually identical to one that I use. Very lemony and delicious! Every potluck I've ever taken this too has resulted in 3-4 requests for the recipe. One thing about them: my dad made them using real lemon juice (I always use concentrate because I'm lazy), and he said they weren't as good; not as lemon flavoured.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for filling
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the butter, powdered sugar, and 2 cups flour until blended.
- Press this mix into the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
- Sift the sugar, the 4 tbsp flour, and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest and blend by hand until blended.
- Pour this over the crust and bake for another 25 minutes.