Got this one from grandmother! Another one of hers that I just can't do without! Super lemony and good for parties!
- Mix together the butter, powdered sugar, and 2 cups flour until blended.
- Press this mix into the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
- Sift the sugar, the 4 tbsp flour, and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest and blend by hand until blended.
- Pour this over the crust and bake for another 25 minutes.
This recipe is virtually identical to one that I use. Very lemony and delicious! Every potluck I've ever taken this too has resulted in 3-4 requests for the recipe. One thing about them: my dad made them using real lemon juice (I always use concentrate because I'm lazy), and he said they weren't as good; not as lemon flavoured.
Tart and sweet in the right proportions for my taste, and easy to make.
The recipe is really easy. Although for the person who is not familiar with lemon bars (as I was), I would like to add:
-don't be afraid of liquid-looking consistency of the filing. I didn't know how it is suppose to look like as there is no description; I got scared and add extra 4 tbsp of flour. The lemon bars still came out good and not too crazy dry. However, next time I will follow the recipe as I want more juicy taste.
-the taste came out too sweet for me. So, for someone from Europe or with preference about not too sweet dessert, I would recommend on cutting sugar for the filing.. just a little bit.
Overall, these lemon bars are very tasty and yummy!