Recipe by Carolyn's Cupboard
This makes a really good bar, and I found the recipe in one of my cookbooks.
Top Review by Pineapple
I don't think these bars would be classified as lemon bars...more like...tasteless bars. Not even a hint of lemon - I went back and squeezed the entire lemon over the bars hoping they would absorb more flavor - the jury is still out on that.
- 1 -18 3⁄4 ounce yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil. Set aside 1 cup.
- Press rest into 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and 1 egg. Spread on mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mix on top.
- Bake again for 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut bars.