1/3 Photos of Lemon Bars
MA HIKER's Note:
Low-fat lemon bars, my favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray; set pan aside.
- 2In a small mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup flour and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 3Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- 4Pat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 5Bake in a 350F oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in the same bowl combine egg and egg white. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy.
- 7Add 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon peel, lemon juice, water, and baking powder.
- 8Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 9Pour mixture over baked layer in pan.
- 10Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until edges are light brown and center is set.
- 11Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 12Sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g