Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my grandmother's recipe. It brings back great memories whenever I think of them. She would pop these out of the freezer as soon as we came over and we'd dive into them! It's definitely not a diet food, which probably explains why I have never had a Lemon Bar match hers! They are truly the best!
- margarine, to grease pan
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- chopped nuts
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) boxof 10xxx powdered sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- Grease a 8x12 pan with margarine. Cover with chopped nuts.
- Cream 1 stick of butter. Add 1 box of lemon cake mix and 1 egg. Press down on top of nuts.
- Beat 3 eggs. Add the one box of powdered sugar and soften cream cheese and mix well. Pour over lemon layer.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour to 1 hr and 15 minutes Test with a toothpick at one hour. If it comes out clean, remove from oven.
They're different from the traditional Lemon Bar recepies but very good! I'll definately make these again!