Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lemon bars are always a favorite. These are so good, with shortbread and chesslike filling.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut butter into flour with a pastry belnder until crumbly.
- Spoon flour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch pan; press into pan evenly and firmly, using fingertips. bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes, or lightly browned.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and baking powder; set aside. Combine eggs, 2 cups sugar, and lemon juice; beat well. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, and pour over baked crust.
- bake at 350F for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and cut into bars.