Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I recommend using the lemon zest in this.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemons, rind of (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, butter, and powdered sugar in small bowl.
- Press evenly with hands in bottom and about 5/8 inch upside of ungreased square pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Beat remaining ingredients in medium bowl on medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until no indention when touched in the middle.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares.