Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
From: "The New Family Cookbook for People With Diabetes" Diabetic Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat
Make and share this Lemon Barbecued Chicken - Diabetic Friendly recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml olive oil or 118.29 ml canola oil or 118.29 ml corn oil
- 1 green onion, with green top chopped
- 6 chicken breast halves (2-1/2 to 3 pounds) or 6 chicken legs and 6 chicken thighs (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, salt, dry mustard, and oregano in a small bowl. Gradually stir in the lemon juice, followed by the oil and chopped green onions.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken pieces. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or gas grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place skin side down on the grill. (Set 3 to 6 inches from charcoal that has reached the light gray ash stage).
- Cook 30 minutes for breast halves and 40 minutes for thighs, turning every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 breast half or 1 leg and 1 thigh.
I used skinless/boneless chicken thighs and they were great!! This marinade is a really good "go to" recipe and would be good for seafood or pork. We enjoyed these with rice and a fresh green salad. Made for ZWT8. Thanks FloridaNative!
This was great. I used chicken breasts and marinated all day. The chicken was very flavorful and juicy. I made for ZWT8 for The Fearless.
A very nice chicken recipe. We enjoyed the flavor and a nice low cal. recipe. We used chicken breasts and they worked great.