1/2 Photos of Lemon Barbecued Chicken - Diabetic Friendly
From: "The New Family Cookbook for People With Diabetes" Diabetic Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 green onion, with green top chopped
- 6 chicken breast halves (2-1/2 to 3 pounds) or 6 chicken legs and 6 chicken thighs (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1Mix the Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, salt, dry mustard, and oregano in a small bowl. Gradually stir in the lemon juice, followed by the oil and chopped green onions.
- 2Brush the mixture over the chicken pieces. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 3Prepare a charcoal grill or gas grill.
- 4Remove the chicken from the marinade and place skin side down on the grill. (Set 3 to 6 inches from charcoal that has reached the light gray ash stage).
- 5Cook 30 minutes for breast halves and 40 minutes for thighs, turning every 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Serving size: 1 breast half or 1 leg and 1 thigh.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Barbecued Chicken - Diabetic Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 452.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 15.2 g