Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Get out the grill and coals - This simple lemon-barbecue sauce creates sweet and succulent chicken that grills up to perfection.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Brush with olive oil and set aside.
- Combine next ten (10) ingredients in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan; simmer on back of grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle all sides of the chicken pieces with meat tenderizer and pierce deeply with a fork. (DO NOT USE SALT)
- Grill chicken 4 to 5 inches from moderately-hot coals for 45 to 60 minutes; turning occasionally and basting frequently with the prepared sauce.
- TO COOK INDOORS: Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat for about 40 minutes; turning occasionally and basting frequently with sauce.
- Round out the meal with steamed fresh vegetables and fluffy white rice.