Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
this is a tangy twist from traditional BBQ chicken
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- place chicken in a shallow pan -- set aside.
- combine remaining ingredients in a jar -- cover and shake to blend.
- pour over chicken, cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight -- turning occasionally.
- grill chicken over hot coals 15-20 minutes, turning frequently until juices run clear --
- basting often with marinade.
My mom posted this recipe for the Cullen Baker Fair. I know its awesome! She made it with whole chickens though. Tangy and amazing.
I agree with Java. This is a must-try recipe. I scaled down the recipe for two servings and the taste was wonderful. With grilling season now here, this recipe will be done often. Thanks for posting.
This is a must try for the summer! I mixed the marinade up in a ziploc bag, threw some frozen chicken breasts in and took them camping. It was the best grilled chicken that we have ever had. I have also used the marinade for roasted veggies - yum!