Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious meatloaf with great flavor and a to-die-for topping. The lemon slices make a nice presentation. From Allrecipies.com. I've adjusted the directions for OAMC. It can also be made and cooked in the same day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices bread, day-old & torn into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 dash ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 slices lemons
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Make sure it has a secure cover if you want to freeze these.
- In a large bowl, mix well: ground beef, lemon juice, water, egg, bread, onion and seasoning salt. Shape into 6 individual loaves (or large balls) and place in greased baking dish. Cover.
- Alternative: Once frozen, wrap each loaf with either freezer paper or parchment paper. Put in freezer bag and take out as many as you want at a time.
- Stir together the topping: ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, allspice and cloves. Place in Tupperware-type container or zip-lock freezer bag.
- Freeze. Make sure you mark the date and contents on the containers.
- To cook:
- Thaw completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake loaves for 15 minutes. Spoon sauce over the loaves, then top each one with a slice of lemon. Return to oven and continue cooking for another 30 minutes or until cooked through.