1/1 Photo of Lemon Bar/Square Renovation - Ww 2-3 Pts Each
When I saw this recipe in WW Magazine, I HAD to try it. I LOVE lemon squares and have been looking for a lighter version. At first bite, I thought these were okay....but now I've had 3 and really have to put them away or I'll eat the whole pan. They do have that gooey consistency of a lemon bar! I guess I'd like them to be thicker and in that case would make them in a smaller pan...but then the portions would be smaller - it's all a trade. As written, the recipe is 3 pts per square. However, I used Land O Lakes light butter (oxymoron!) which brought it down to 2 pts per square.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Make crust: mix flour and brown sugar using a food processor until fully incorporated. Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy. Pack gently into ungreased 13 x 9 x 2" pan (I lined mine w/foil to simplify cutting). Bake 20 minutes until golden.
- 3Meanwhile: Make lemon topping. Beat eggs in medium bowl w/electric mixer (I just did everything in the food processor for easy cleanup). Add vanilla extract and 3/4 c powdered sugar. Mix well. Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4As soon as crust is finished, remove from oven and reduce temperature to 300*. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake completely, about 30 minutes Cool and cut into 24 bars.
- 5NOTE: Instructions emphasize that the crust MUST be hot when you pour the lemon mixture over. Not sure why, but they made a special note, so I'm passing that along.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Bar/Square Renovation - Ww 2-3 Pts Each
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g