Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
These are To Die For. A neighbor brought these over for the holidays and I have to tell you, they are addicting!! They are easy to make too, what more could you ask for?? The recipe does not call for it, but I add the zest of 1 lemon and also a glaze on top made with fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Top Review by Heidi T.
I wanted to make a dessert for the hubby when he got home, and this was perfect, because it's easy & uses ingredients I always have on hand. That being said, the bars were pretty good.. I halved the recipe and baked in an 8x8 pan. I also sprinkled some powder sugar on top. My only complaint is that they were almost TOO sweet for me (even without the powder sugar on top). And I think I would like even more of a lemon taste.. so perhaps I'd add more lemon juice next time.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and powdered sugar together (for crust).
- Cut butter into flour mixture (as for pie dough).
- Spray 9 x 13" baking dish with Pam nonstick spray.
- Spread crust into bottom of pan and pat lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Beat all of the topping ingredients together lightly.
- Pour over the toasted crust and bake an additional 25 minutes at 350°.
- Cut into small squares.
- Be careful not to overcook or they get very crumbly. The crust should be slightly crumbly when you bite into it, but not fall apart in your hands. The topping should be the consistency of lemon meringue pie filling.