Recipe by Evie*
Top Review by Mirj
I love lemon bars. My whole family loves lemon bars. We love Evie's Lemon Bar! Piquant lemon flavor, most everyone has these ingredients in the house already. I actually didn't have caster sugar, and never will, since they don't sell it where I live, so I just ran some regular sugar round the food processor till it was ground superfine. I then threw in the rest of the filling ingredients into the food processor, and it mixed it up beautifully. The smell was so tantilizing as the bars baked, and I practically had to lock my daughter in another room so these bars could cool down before we inhaled them. Evie, good one!
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor mix the first 3 ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Press into a greased slice tin and bake 15-20 minutes at 180C degrees until golden and dry.
- While cooking, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the hot crust and bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
- Cut into bars after dusting with icing sugar.