1 hr 20 mins
Mims & Squims's Note:
Instead of regular old banana bread, show up to your next get together with this. I guarantee you it won't last!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large bananas (very ripe)
- 1/4 cup light margarine
- 1/2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons egg whites, well beaten
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray & dust with flour.
- 3Grate lemon & set aside.
- 4In mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- 5In separate bowl cream together margarine & 1 cup sugar.
- 6In a another bowl, beat eggs.
- 7Combine bananas, margarine mixture, & eggs & beat another 60 seconds.
- 8Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 9Gradually add banana mixture to flour and mix well.
- 10Add grated lemon peel and mix well.
- 11Bake 50-60 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven, leave in pan, and poke holes in top of loaf with fork.
- 13In small saucepan, squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon. Mix in sugar & heat on medium high until syrupy.
- 14Spoon over loaf & sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of