Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Instead of regular old banana bread, show up to your next get together with this. I guarantee you it won't last!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray & dust with flour.
- Grate lemon & set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- In separate bowl cream together margarine & 1 cup sugar.
- In a another bowl, beat eggs.
- Combine bananas, margarine mixture, & eggs & beat another 60 seconds.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add banana mixture to flour and mix well.
- Add grated lemon peel and mix well.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, leave in pan, and poke holes in top of loaf with fork.
- In small saucepan, squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon. Mix in sugar & heat on medium high until syrupy.
- Spoon over loaf & sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before removing from pan.