Recipe by Chef RayRay
These tangy, savory green beans compliment any meal, and couldn't be simpler to make. Best if made with fresh green beans, but frozen green beans are just as good.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 cups green beans
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 ounce finely sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Chop onion into thin strips and add them to the pan. Add half the garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute until onions barely begin to brown.
- Cut ends off green beans if fresh, and add them to the pan. Mix in remaining garlic. Juice 1/4 of a lemon into the pan and add 2 tbls of balsamic vinegar and i tsp of butter.
- Sample a green bean, and add remaining lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Before green beans are fully cooked, toss in desired amount of sliced almonds. Warm a little longer, and serve immediately.