Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From eatwell.com. Sample this on heirloom lettuce or drizzled over vegetables (it was delightful on steamed carrots and broccoli, for example)! Zippy!
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon balm, leaves finely minced (NOT bee balm!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons oil (olive, grape seed, walnut, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients except for oil in a non-reactive bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- Yield a little over 1 cup.
Very tangy and light, perfect for tender mesclun greens. I made a double batch to have some ready to go all week; I really like how the flavours intensified in that time.
Lemony good! I did use olive oil. Served over a bed of greens. Thanks.
This is very tangy and tasty dressing! I used a little more Dijon but everything else was as listed. Very nice on lettuce from the Farmer's Market. Thanks for sharing!