Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great baked cod recipe.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
- Mix butter and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt and white pepper.
- Dip fish into butter mixture; coat fish with flour mixture.
- Place fish in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over fish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until fish flakes easily with fork, 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices if desired.
Just a cooking tip to those who are saying that their fish came out soggy. Try putting the fish or anything that you have dredged in flour/breadcrumbs in the refrigerator for at least an hour before you go ahead and cook it. This allows time for the coating to stick to the item to help create more crispiness in the oven while cooking!!!!
I thought this was a delicious, easy recipe. However my three children thought differently. My oldest child sat at the table with tears streamung down his face, my middle son was throwing up at the trash can, and my daughtersat with her arms drawn inside of her shirt saying she will not try anything on her plate. So I think I'll be making this recipe again next Friday. Thanks for a new way to torment my kids.
Ritz crackers !!!!! Use that instead of flour or bread crumbs. Delicious !!!!!