Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious Meal!
Make and share this Lemon Baked Chicken Soft Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 lemon, grated peel of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 -12 soft flour tortillas, warmed (6- to 7-inch taco size)
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes or sliced tomatoes
- canned black beans or retried beans, heated
- bottled salsa or fresh salsa
- avocado, slices
- cilantro leaf (optional)
- Remove neck, giblets and any excess fat from body cavity of chicken; discard.
- Rinse chicken well and drain.
- Turn wing tips under back of chicken.
- It is not necessary to close body cavity with skewers or tie legs together with string.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- In small bowl, combine lemon peel, juice and oil.
- Spoon lemon mixture over chicken and inside body cavity.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Cool enough to handle.
- Cut chicken breast (both halves) off bone with skin intact; slice crosswise into thin strips, remove remaining skin from chicken.
- Remove cooked chicken from bones; shred or slice.
- Arrange shredded chicken on serving platter; top with sliced chicken breast.
- Serve chicken in warmed tortillas with additional accompaniments, as desired.