1 hr 30 mins
Sunkist Growers, Inc's Note:
A delicious Meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 lemon, grated peel of
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 -12 soft flour tortillas, warmed (6- to 7-inch taco size)
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes or sliced tomato
- canned black beans or retried beans, heated
- bottled salsa or fresh salsa
- avocado, slices
- cilantro leaf (optional)
- 1Remove neck, giblets and any excess fat from body cavity of chicken; discard.
- 2Rinse chicken well and drain.
- 3Turn wing tips under back of chicken.
- 4It is not necessary to close body cavity with skewers or tie legs together with string.
- 5Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- 6In small bowl, combine lemon peel, juice and oil.
- 7Spoon lemon mixture over chicken and inside body cavity.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- 9Cool enough to handle.
- 10Cut chicken breast (both halves) off bone with skin intact; slice crosswise into thin strips, remove remaining skin from chicken.
- 11Remove cooked chicken from bones; shred or slice.
- 12Arrange shredded chicken on serving platter; top with sliced chicken breast.
- 13Serve chicken in warmed tortillas with additional accompaniments, as desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Baked Chicken Soft Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 286.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 27.9 g