Recipe by Chabear01
This recipe is from the back of a Can of Manishchewitz Matzo Meal, and is one of the chicken dish my grandkids like when they visit. (This is Pareve - not for Passover)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cutlet, I use the thighs
- 3⁄4 cup matzo meal
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, unpeeled, 1/2 sliced thin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, condensed clear undiluted (I like the kosher chicken stock for this)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate rind of the whole lemon and set aside.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from one half of the lemon over the chicken.
- Mix Matzo Meal with salt and paprika.
- Beat egg with water.
- Dip chicken cutlets first in egg mixture and then in the meal mixture.
- Brown slowly in a large skillet in 1/4 inch of hot oil: place in a large covered casserole.
- Sprinkle the grated lemon rind and sugar over the cutlets and top with the lemon slices from the second half of lemon.
- Add Condensed Clear Chicken Soup.
- Cover and bake in over at 350 degrees for 30 minutes our until chicken is tender.