Recipe by JoyfulCook
Delicious and tangy chicken pieces--easy to prepare and a hit with everything from a dinner party to picnics.
Top Review by Ducky
Nice lemon flavor without being too overpowering. I only had a bit less than the 1/2C of lemon juice but it worked nonetheless. I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cooked these at 375Â°F and seasoned the flour with a bit of salt and lemon pepper.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, with bone
- flour, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the lemon sauce combine, the Soya sauce, lemon juice and zest, garlic and the oil. Mix well and keep in fridge for 30 minutes before use.
- Toss chicken in the seasoned flour. Grease a large ovenproof dish and arrange chicken in a single layer. Melt butter and spoon over chicken. Bake uncovered in a hot oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, spoon over the lemon sauce and return to oven for another 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Serve with salads, i.e. coleslaw, potato salad, tossed salads, and crusty bread.