Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ounce brandy
- 2 quarts lemon ice cream
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Cook cake mix as directed in layers, but this recipe only uses 1 layer.
- Place the layer on an oven proof plate.
- The day before, or early in the day, poke holes in the cake and pour brandy over the cake and sprinkle with sugar.
- Just before serving, beat egg whites until very stiff and add sugar gradually and continue to beat until it stand in peaks.
- Place mounds of ice cream (shape in half balls) on top of layer and cover completely with meringue.
- Place in preheated hot oven until it browns (about 10 minutes.) At the table, add 2 oz.
- brandy to the tray and light.