Recipe by winkki
A tangy twist on asparagus soup with a little kick from the nutmeg. Great summer soup! From TOH.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 ",pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash seasoning salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In med saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Add cornstarch mixture and bouillon cubes to saucepan.
- Bring to boil over med heat; cook and stir 2 minute.
- Add asparagus and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, approx 3-4 minute.
- Add milk and spices.
- Cover and simmer 25 min, stirring occasionally.