Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Leftover brown rice and cooked asparagus are perfect to make quick work of assembling this salad.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cold
- 2 cups cooked asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 10 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup packed finely chopped mint
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- In large serving bowl, stir together rice, asparagus, mint and parsley.
- In small cup, stir together lemon peel, lemon juice and garlic, then stir it into rice mixture.
- Stir in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
I didn't have any asparagus so I improvised with a cucumber. I added herbed goat cheese and a small bit of finely chopped shallot too. It tastes great. I'm looking forward to serving it tomorrow at a picnic with chicken salad sliders, deviled eggs and blueberry bars for dessert.