Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Sodium Wash, trim, and peel small carrots.
- Place carrots in a steamer basket above boiling water.
- Cover and steam about 15 minutes or till crisp- tender.
- Rinse carrots in cold water; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook frozen asparagus spears according to package.
- Rinse asparagus in cold water; drain.
- Cover and chill drained carrots and asparagus.
- To serve, arrange carrots and asparagus on a platter.
- Sprinkle with a little lemon juice and lemon pepper.
Lovely fresh flavors. I chose fresh asparagus. :)
This was delightfully delish! I used fresh asparagus, steamed as well. We enjoyed this cold with our Memorial Day cookout this year. Thank you!
I knew I would like this, because I'm a big asparagus fan & frequently use lemon juice with asparagus. The carrots worked out very well with the asparagus. But the real revelation was the lemon pepper, of which I admit I gave it more than just one dash. It really popped up the flavor! I think I will use lemon pepper with asparagus frequently from now on. I initially served it cold, as directed, but microwaved the leftovers & ate them warm, and they were fine that way, too. Also I like how low-sodium this recipe is. When I make it again, I'll probably use fresh asparagus.