Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I love fresh asparagus! I've had this recipe so long - I'm not sure where it originated. The lemon, tarragon and butter really enhance the flavor. You can leave out the butter and still have a great tasting dish. Thyme can be substituted for the tarragon with excellent results. Hope you enjoy!
- Snap off woody portion of asparagus- cut remaining into 1 inch pieces.
- Place cut asparagus and water in a 1 1/2 quart microwavable bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 7 to 8 minutes- drain.
- Add butter, lemon juice and tarragon- toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: Can also substitute thyme for the tarragon.
I never would have thought to use tarragon with asparagus! The lemon, tarragon butter was a wonderful yet subtle complement. I will use more lemon and tarragon next time, but I would suggest starting with the recipe as written.
Wonderful flavor - do not skimp on the lemon. I followed the recipe except I do not microwave so I baked them in the oven. I put the cleaned, snapped asparagus in a foil lined pyrex dish, Added the other ingredients sealed the foil and baked at 400F for 10 min. I have posted a similar recipe only boiling the asparagus for a few minutes. The asparagus was enjoyed by all Thanks Satisfied Kris 17 Feb 10 This time I steamed the asparagus for 5 minutes, squeezed the lemon on them on the plate and sprinkled on the thyme. Any way you do them they are terrific
So yummy I wil definitly be making in the future. Everbody liked it. Thank you, Kris!