Recipe by Satisfied Kris
I love fresh asparagus! I've had this recipe so long - I'm not sure where it originated. The lemon, tarragon and butter really enhance the flavor. You can leave out the butter and still have a great tasting dish. Thyme can be substituted for the tarragon with excellent results. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Lorac
I never would have thought to use tarragon with asparagus! The lemon, tarragon butter was a wonderful yet subtle complement. I will use more lemon and tarragon next time, but I would suggest starting with the recipe as written.
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off woody portion of asparagus- cut remaining into 1 inch pieces.
- Place cut asparagus and water in a 1 1/2 quart microwavable bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 7 to 8 minutes- drain.
- Add butter, lemon juice and tarragon- toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: Can also substitute thyme for the tarragon.