Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
my favorite vegetable, here's yet another quick way to serve it. adapted from fine cooking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, ends snapped off,cut in half
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- shaved parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- mix lemon zest, juice and 1/2 tsp oil and set aside.
- heat skillet over high heat.
- add 2 tbsp oil, shallots, garlic, asparagus, season with chili flakes, salt& pepper.
- stir fry until beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes.
- reduce heat to medium, add water, cover and simmer for a few more minutes.
- drizzle oil mixture over asparagus, season with salt& pepper.
- serve garnished with freshly shaved parmesan.
Double the 5 stars. Just loved these. Easy I made these in a non stick pan and used no water. They didn`t even need the cheese!
This was a nice change of pace. Very tasty. I made it exactly according to the recipe and enjoyed it.
A delicious way to prepare on of my favorite veggies. I left off the parmesan (didn't miss it)and used fresh lemon juice. Wonderful!