Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
From the Jun 2004 issue of Real Simple. 3 WW points.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for asparagus and thinly sliced shallot. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Cook whole, trimmed asparagus spears until fork-tender, about 4 minutes; drain.
- Add asparagus to the bowl, along with 1 thinly sliced shallot. Toss to coat.
The flavor of the lemon was a little strong at first but the taste grows on you. Nice change from plain asparagus.
We enjoyed this asparagus very much. I only used 2 tbsp of olive oil; I think 3 would be way too oily. I also added a little sugar to the sauce to balance the lemon and dijon. Great way to enjoy asparagus. I'll make this again. Thanx for posting.